You can cook spare ribs and sauerkraut as with second helping, and without it. We use prunes and cabbage in this recipe. These ingredients give to sauerkraut and ribs mild flavor.
- 9 pounds of fatty pork ribs;
- 1 pounds of cabbage;
- 9 pounds of sauerkraut;
- 1 onion;
- 1 carrot;
- 3 ounces of prunes;
- 2-3 bay leaves;
- salt and black pepper.
1. Cut the ribs. Each piece should have a rib bone.
2. Chop your onion.
3. Put the pork ribs in a stew-pan. Fry ribs for 10-15 minutes. Ribs should have a dark golden color after frying. You have fatty pork ribs and therefore you should not put an additional amount of oil for frying ribs.
4. Add the onion when the pork will be dark golden brown.
5. Mix your pork and onion and fry for some minutes. The onion has to be golden too.
6. Grate your carrot.
7. Mix carrot with pork ribs and onion. Add salt, pepper and bay leaves. Fry for 5 minutes.
8. It is sauerkraut time now. Put sauerkraut in the stew-pan and mix all your ingredients thoroughly.
9. Cover the stewpan and stew spare ribs and sauerkraut for 15 minutes.
10. Chop your cabbage.
11. Put shredded cabbage in your stew-pan and mix thoroughly with sauerkraut and ribs.
12. Cover your stew-pan and stew over moderate heat for 1 hour. Stirring occasionally.
13. Put your prunes in the stew-pan (do not cut them). Mix and stew for 15 minutes.
That is all. Your pork ribs with sauerkraut are ready now.