Sautéed chicken livers with sauerkraut is an easy and healthy recipe.
- 0.6-0.7 pounds of chicken livers;
- 1.2-1.3 pounds of sauerkraut;
- 1-tablespoon tomato paste;
- black pepper or other spices, for example, caraway seeds, to taste.
- Trim the chicken livers of any fat and sinew that you can see. Rinse them drain very well. Cut the larger pieces of the livers in half.
- Heat ghee or olive oil in a large skillet. Add the livers and sauté 3-4 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- Rinse your sauerkraut if it is too sour for you. Cut it into small pieces if it is too long.
- Add the sauerkraut to the chicken livers. Pour about 3-4 ounces of hot water. Cover. Sauté over small heat for 30 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- Stir in tomato paste. Add black paper and other spices if you use them. Cover again. Sauté for 5-7 minutes.
You can sauté chicken livers and sauerkraut separately if you think cooking chicken livers for 40 minutes is not very well. But the recipe is useful than you don’t have enough time and desire to cook.