This fermented tomatoes recipe takes 4 days. Therefore, you can think that it is a bad joke to call the recipe “quick”. However, it is quick indeed. Because fermentation process of tomatoes is able to be long. Alternatively, you should use vinegar. But tomatoes with vinegar aren’t fermented. They are pickled but they do not have any fermentation benefits.
This recipe gives you healthy fermented tomatoes in a short time.
- 6 pounds of medium tomatoes
- 1 bunch of celery
- 1 garlic head
- 1 bunch of dill
- 2 tablespoon of salt (without iodine) per liter of water
- 2 tablespoon of sugar (without iodine) per liter of water.
1. Take your celery bunch and cut off the top of it with leaves. Slice celery into 4-inch pieces.
2. Cut off from every tomato a place the stalk. You should choose a very sharp small knife for the purpose.
If you want you can miss the step. But in this case your fermented tomatoes will not be ready in 4 days.
3. Boil 3 liters of water. Add salt and sugar.
4. Put your celery in boiled water for 30 seconds. Then remove it.
5. Put tomatoes, garlic, dill, celery and its leaves in a big jar. The holes of the tomatoes that you made should be facing up. You need not to chop your bunch of dill.
6. Pour the hot salt brine in the jar.
7. Cover the jar with a small plate and keep it in a warm place (at room temperature) for 3 days.
8. In 3 days place the jar in your fridge. Wait for another day. That is all.
You can keep the fermented tomatoes for 1 month in a cool place. But you will eat them sooner. It is for sure.