Meat casserole with rice and sauerkraut is a recipe for easy and heavy lunch. If you need to feed your family quick and tasty, the recipe is what you are looking for.
You can use any kind of minced meat for the casserole. However, the mixture of beef and pork provide the best result.
- 1.4 pounds of minced meat
- 1.85 pounds of sauerkraut
- 0.5 pounds of long-grain rice
- 3.5 ounces of smoked bacon
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- little oil or butter for casserole dish.
1. Boil the rice and rinse it with hot water.
2. Sauerkraut rinse and drain very well.
3. Cut the bacon into small cubes.
4. Chop your garlic and onion.
5. Mix minced meat, sauerkraut, rice, bacon, garlic and onion in a bowl. Stir to combine. Then add salt and pepper, to taste, and stir again.
6. Grease a casserole dish with oil or butter.
7. Transfer the mixture of all your ingredients into the dish.
8. Place the dish in a hot oven for 35-40 minutes.
Serve fermented cabbage casserole with rice and minced meat immediately.