The traditional kimchi recipe requires using Chinese cabbage as the main ingredient. But by now people all around the world have created a lot of pickled recipes in Korean style. This Korean pickled pink radish recipe is one of them.
The real kimchi contains many probiotics. This recipe of pickled radishes in kimchi style is quick. So it won’t give you as many probiotics as you probably want. But it is still quite healthy.
- one pound pink radishes;
- 2/3 of inches of chili pepper;
- 4 cloves of garlic;
- a bunch of dills;
- two teaspoon lemon juice;
- two tbsp. soy souse;
- one tbsp. sugar;
- ½ tsp. ground coriander.
- Trim the stems, root of the radishes, and rinse the vegetables in cold water. If the stems are young, you may use them as well as root crops for cooking kimchi.
- Cut each bulb into some pieces.
- Chop all other vegetables. Use hot pepper flakes, if you don’t want to fiddle with chili pepper, which irritates your skin.
- Mix the radish, dill, garlic, and pepper in a bowl.
- Add the sugar and coriander.
- Stir in the soy sauce and lemon juice.
- Cover the bowl and let it stand for 5-6 hours at room temperature. Then refrigerate your Korean pickled radish for one day.