You can use any kind of rice for making the tomato soup with sauerkraut. But color mix rice give you the best result. As for kind of minced meat, the original recipe talks to use mix beef with pork. However, some people prefer to use minced lamb.
- 8 ounces of rice
- 7 ounces of minces meat
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 5 teaspoon of chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- 5 ounces of sauerkraut
- 5 ounces of canning tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and black pepper, to taste.
1. Sauté minced meat in hot oil in a pan for 3 minutes.
2. Add chopped garlic, chili pepper, sweet paprika and black pepper. Do not add salt until you put sauerkraut in your soup.
3. Stir and roast all ingredients for 1 minute.
4. Stir in rice and roast for 3 minutes over moderate heat.
5. Pour 1 cup of hot water and bring to a boil.
6. Stir in sauerkraut.
7. Add tomatoes, a bay leaf and salt.
8. Pour 1.5 cup of hot water, bring to a boil and boil for 30 minutes over very small heat.
9. Your tomato rise soup with sauerkraut is nearly ready. Cover your pan and set it aside for 10-15 minutes. Then serve with sour cream.