Fermented bell peppers, stuffed with onions and carrots, can be called gourmet winter vegetable snack. It has spicy, slightly pungent taste and a very appetizing appearance. And as other fermented foods, stuffed sweet peppers are healthy.
- 6.6 pounds of bell peppers;
- 1.0-1.2 pounds of onion;
- 0.7 pounds of carrot;
- 1 cup of olive oil;
- 10 cloves of garlic;
- 1.7-1.8 ounces of salt (without iodine).
1. Cut tops off sweet peppers. Remove membranes and seeds.
2. Cook bell peppers in a preheated oven (350 °F) for 5 minutes.
3. Chop the onion and grate the carrot.
4. Heat 1/3 cup of olive oil in a nonstick skillet. Add the onion and sauté 2 minutes.
5. Stir in the carrot and sauté 3 minutes.
6. In a bowl, mix vegetables, 1/3 part of salt and three smashed cloves of garlic.
7. Fill bell peppers with vegetable mixture.
8. Place stuffed sweet peppers in a plastic container. Add remained salt and smashed cloves of garlic. Pour 2/3 cup of olive oil.
9. Cover. Put something heavy on the top and set aside. Keep at the room temperature for 1 day. The vegetables should give their juice.
Remove the heavy thing from the cover. And place the plastic container in your refrigerator. Fermented vegetarian stuffed bell peppers will be ready in 3-4 weeks. If you store them in the fridge, they will be good for some months.