The recipe is the real fermented pickled apples Russian recipe. You need much time (one month) to make these pickled apples. But it’s worth it. After a month, you will have very delicious pickled apples with the huge quantity of probiotics.
Fermented pickled apples are as healthy food as traditional fermented cabbage, for example, homemade sauerkraut in jars. And they can be even more delicious as they are sweeter.
You should have a glass jar with a wide mouth for the recipe. It will be convenient if you take a 2-liter jar. And so if you have a 2-liter jar you need in:
- 1,7 ounces of rye flour;
- ¼ tablespoon of salt (without iodine);
- 1,5 liters of water;
- so many green apples as you need to fill the jar (don’t use big apples).
If you have a bigger jar, you need to recalculate your ingredients.
1. Put your apples in a jar.
2. In a bowl, combine rye flour and salt.
3. Pour boiled water, stirring very well. Then whisk with help of a blender. Set aside for some hours.
4. Strain through cheesecloth.
5. Pour in your jar with apples.
6. Put something heavy on the top of apples.
7. Place the jar with apples on a plate and keep it in a refrigerator or in another cold place. Your fermented pickled apples will be ready in a month.
You can eat your fermented apples immediately or store them for a long time.