The sauerkraut crumble is good side dishes for smoked chicken, duck, and sausages and so on.
- 1.7-1.8 ounces of bacon;
- 8.5-9.0 ounces of sauerkraut;
- 1.7-1.8 ounces of butter;
- 1 onion;
- 3.5 ounces of stale wheat bread.
1. First of all, we cook the crumble topping. Place the bacon on a foil sheet in a single layer. Bake the bacon in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until it is crispy and golden-brown.
2. Place the bacon, butter, and bread in a food processor and process until the ingredients are as fine as you want.
3. Heat olive oil in a nonstick frying pan. Add the chopped onion and sauté 3 to 4 minute.
4. Stir in the sauerkraut. Pour a little water and simmer over medium heat until it is tender. The crumble filling is ready.
5. Place the sauerkraut into a baking dish.
6. Scatter the crumble over the sauerkraut.
Bake the crumble in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
Serve the sauerkraut crumble immediately until it is hot.