This Korean pickled cucumber recipe is quick. And so it isn’t the real kimchi which contains probiotics. But the cucumbers are still quite healthy. Try them.
- one pound small young cucumbers;
- one medium onion;
- one medium carrot;
- 1-1.5 inch of chili pepper;
- some cloves of garlic;
- one bunch of scallions;
- one small bunch of parsley;
- 2 tablespoon salt (without iodine);
- 1 tbs. sugar;
- 1.7 ounces of soy sauce;
- 1 tsp apple vinegar.
Wash the cucumbers and make a crosswise incision in each vegetable.
- Rub each cucumber with salt, both on the outside and inside. Let them stand for 30-40 minutes.
- Grate the carrot.
- Chop the onion, garlic, scallions, and parsley.
- Grind the chili pepper with a help of a blender.
- Mix all vegetables in a bowl. Add the sugar, soy sauce, and apple vinegar. Mix well. The stuffing for Korean pickled cucumbers is ready.
- We come back to our cucumber now. Wash them in cold water for removing the salt.
- Put your stuffing inside each cucumber. The rest of the stuffing place on the cucumbers.
By and large, quick cucumber kimchi is ready. But it will be more delicious if you refrigerate it for some hours or even some days.