If you have a meat meal but don’t have any side dish and don’t want to cook anything, try that warm salad recipe with sauerkraut. It is a very quick and easy salad. And the recipe is good for high-fat foods.
- 1.0-1.2 pounds of sauerkraut;
- 3 medium pickled cucumbers;
- 1.0-1.2 pounds of pickled honey agarics or other pickled mushrooms;
- 1 onion;
- 1 medium carrot;
- 4 tbsp. of olive oil;
- 1 tbsp. of sugar;
- ground pepper, to taste.
1. Chop the onion and grate the carrot. Sauté 5-7 minutes until them are tender and beginning to brown.
2. Rinse the sauerkraut drain it. Cut the cucumbers into small pieces.
3. Rinse the pickled mushrooms well.
4. Add the sauerkraut to the onion and carrot. Cook, stirring until the fermented cabbage is tender.
5. Add the pickled honey agarics and cucumbers. Stir in sugar and black pepper . Cook over small heat, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes.
Serve hot or warm with meat dishes. Bon Appetit!
P.P.S. Some people use the hot sauerkraut salad as one of the best hangover foods recipes. They say it cures a hangover very well.