Sauerkraut pancakes are another kind fried sauerkraut. This is a quite original recipe. And not everyone in Russia knows how to cook this dish.
- 2.5 cups of sauerkraut
- 1.5 cups of flour
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 big onion
- bunch of dill
- olive oil
1. Drain juice from sauerkraut. If sauerkraut is very sour, wash it with cold water.
2. Chop sauerkraut.
3. Chop onion.
You have to chop sauerkraut and onion very finely.
4. Fry onion in hot olive oil to golden color.
5. Mix all dry ingredients (flour, baking soda and sugar) together.
6. Stir in chopped sauerkraut.
7. Add egg and fried onion.
8. Chop your bunch of dill and stir it in sauerkraut dough.
9. Make your sauerkraut pancakes. Your hands should be wet to prevent the sauerkraut dough from sticking to them.
10. Roll your pancakes in flour and put them on a pan in hot olive oil.
11. Cook the pancakes over small heat with two sides for 30 minutes. They are fried quite a long time.
Serve immediately. Sauerkraut pancakes should be hot and fresh to be tasty. And so you should not fry the pancakes for the future.