There are various recipes dumplings in Russia. And recipes of dumplings with sauerkraut are ones of the most popular.
- 8 pounds of fried sauerkraut
- 8 pounds of wheat flour
- Seven ounces of water (73-75 °F)
- pinch of salt
1. Whisk together flour, salt and water in a bowl.
2. Make dough.
3. Cover the dough with food wrap and wait for 15-20 minutes.
4. Divide the dough into three parts.
5. Roll out the every part of the dough in “thick sausage”.
6. Cut up your “sausage” into pieces as thick as 0.4 inches.
7. Make a “coin” from the every pieces of the dough.
8. Roll out the every “coin” in round cakes.
9. Put a little of fried sauerkraut on the every round cake.
10. Make dumplings. Your dumplings can have any form as you like.
11. Put your dumplings into boiling water. When the water boils again simmer over moderate heat for 10 minutes.
Your sauerkraut dumplings are ready now.