Quick sauerkraut recipes are very popular in Russia now. They are popular because people are lazy. Fast sauerkraut recipes are delicious but they are not the same as the real traditional Russian sauerkraut.
- 5 pounds of cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 3 apples
- 2 tablespoon of cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
1. Chop cabbage.
2. Grate carrots.
3. In a big bowl, mix chopped cabbage and grated carrots.
4. Grate 1 or 2 apples and cut remaining apples into small pieces.
5. Stir grated and sliced apples in cabbage with carrot.
6. Add cider vinegar, salt and sugar. Stir all ingredients up really well.
7. Ram cabbage with apples and carrot in a plastic container or a jar. Cover and set aside at room temperature for 36-48 hours.
Your sauerkraut recipe quick is ready.