The mixture of potatoes and sauerkraut is traditional. Therefore, there are so many recipes, which includes fermented cabbage, potato, and some other popular ingredients, for example, mushrooms. Today we cook one of these dishes – big potato roll with sauerkraut and mushrooms.
- 0.7 pounds of potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1 white of egg
- 5 ounces of butter
- 7 pound of flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 0.7 pounds of mushroom
- 2 medium onions
- 9 pound of sauerkraut
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 yolk
- sesame, to taste
1. Boil the peeled and cut potatoes. Then pass them through a sieve.
2. Add butter, egg and white of egg, salt and flour. Mix very well. If your dough is sticky is it ok. Do not add flour. Cover your dough with cling film and set aside.
The dough is ready. Now we should cook our stuffing.
3. Sauté chopped onion, stirring occasionally until it is dark golden brown.
4. Add grated carrot and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
5. Add sliced mushrooms and simmer over medium heat, stirring, until water has evaporated from mushrooms.
6. Stir in rinsed and well-drained sauerkraut. Add salt and sugar, as needed. Cover and simmer over small heat, turning occasionally, for 25 minutes.
The stuffing is ready. But do not use it hot. Only warm or cold.
7. Roll out the dough into a reservoir 30×40 cm on a sheet of baking paper.
8. Spread out the stuffing on the dough.
9. Shape the dough into a big roll with a sheet of baking paper.
10. Pierce the roll with a fork.
11. Mix 1 yolk and 1 tablespoon of water. Smear the top of the roll with the mixture.
12. Season the roll with sesame.
13. Cook in a preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
Let your potato roll with sauerkraut cool on the baking sheet. Serve it warm or cold.