Do not use large overripe eggplants for this recipe. You should choose the strong young small eggplant.
- 8-10 eggplants
- 5-6 fragrant peppercorns
- 5-6 cloves
- 1 cup of salt (without iodine)
- 2-3 carrot
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- parsley, to taste.
1. Remove the stem end of the eggplant.
2. Boil the eggplant in strongly salted water with cloves and fragrant peppercorns for 15-20 minutes.
How understand that the eggplant are ready?
Try to pierce eggplant rind with help of match. If eggplant rind is pierced easily, the eggplant are ready. Be careful. Вo not overcook them.
3. Remove the eggplant from the water and put them on a flat surface. Put something heavy on them and allow standing at room temperature for 3 hours. The eggplant will lose their bitter taste.
4. Chop the garlic.
5. Grate the carrot.
6. Take a deep longitudinal section in each eggplant but not completely cut the vegetables.
7. Salt them a little and put the chopped garlic.
8. Add the grated carrot.
9. Add the parsley.
10. Join the edges of the eggplant halves.
11. And again put something heavy on the vegetables and let them standing at room temperature for 2 days and other 2 days in a cold place.
The fermented eggplants with carrot are ready. Serve them with olive oil and onion. A good side order to the dish is boiled potatoes.