Even people who usually do not like sauerkraut eat this homemade meatloaf with fermented cabbage and bacon. As in pork legs with sauerkraut and mushrooms, you find taste of fat meat (pork and bacon) is paired with sour taste of sauerkraut and apples in the recipe. And this is a very good combination.
- one pork tenderloin
- 7 pounds of sauerkraut
- 5 ounces of sour apples (if you have cranberries you can add it too)
- 5 ounces of cheese
- 7 ounces of bacon
- salt and black pepper, to taste
1. If you have a whole piece of pork tenderloin open it as a book with help of a sharp knife. And then beat it very well.
However it is more convenient to have sliced pieces of pork tenderloin. If you use them beat very well too. Mix salt and black pepper together, and rub on to pork pieces on both sides.
Take a sheet of foil and put your pieces of pork on the sheet as shown in the picture.
2. Cut bacon into ½-inch cubes.
3. Rinse sauerkraut drain it.
4. Grate apples.
5. Roast bacon cubes for 2 minutes. Then add grated apples and sauerkraut. Stir and simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes.
6. Put sauerkraut with apple and bacon on your pieces of pork.
7. Grate cheese and put it on the stuffing meatloaf.
8. Make a meatloaf using foil.
9. Wrap foil up tightly and bake for 60 minutes at 200 °.
10. Open foil, rub the meatloaf with olive oil and bake again for 5 minutes (do not wrap foil).
Your homemade meatloaf with sauerkraut and bacon is ready. It is quite fat and so it is better serve it hot or warm not cold.