Of course, the pizza cannot be called a Russian dish. We have our traditional recipes of pastries. But because of the pizza is popular in Russia now many people make it with sauerkraut. And pizza with fermented cabbage is now a Russian recipe.
Your sauerkraut pizza will not be sour. People cannot determine ingredients of the topping if they taste that recipe for the first time.
Ingredients for dough:
- 1 tsp of dry yeast
- 3.4 oz of water
- 5-2 cups of flour
- 0.5 tsp of salt
- 0.5 tsp of sugar
- 0.7 oz of olive oil
Ingredients for pizza topping:
- 7 ounces of boiled sausage
- 10.5-11.0 ounces of sauerkraut
- 1 egg
- 1 red onion
- 3.5-5.0 ounces of your favorite cheese for pizza
- your favorite greens and spices, to taste
First of all, we make our dough. Fortunately, it is an easy pizza dough recipe.
1. Mix water, salt, sugar and oil.
2. Then stir in flour and yeast. Make the dough. Spray it with nonstick spray. Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and letting it rise in a warm place.
Now make our pizza topping
3. Cut the boiled sausage into small cubes. And mix it with other ingredients except onion. If you think that your sauerkraut is too sour rinse it.
4. Give the dough a quick knead. Roll out the dough into a large round on a floured surface. Your dough needs to be thin, as it will rise in the oven. Put the dough onto the bottom of a prepared baking dish or a floured baking sheet.
5. Chop the onion and distribute it on the dough.
6. Spread your prepared topping over the dough.
7. Top with the grated cheese.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350-400 °F.
Sauerkraut pizza is ready. Bon Appetite!