Some people like green tomatoes. Some think that they are disgusting. The recipe is for fans of these vegetables.
Although this recipe includes sugar, fermented green tomatoes contain quite a lot of probiotics.
- 6.6 pounds of green tomatoes
- 1-2 carrots
- 1 big bell pepper
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 bunch of dill
- 1 hot pepper (not necessarily)
- 4-5 bay leaves
- 10-12 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of salt (without iodine)
- ½ tablespoon of sugar
1. Сut your tomatoes crosswise but not until the end. They should not break into pieces.
2. Chop carrots in a food processor.
3. Chop bell pepper, hot pepper, garlic and herbs.
4. Mix all chopped ingredients together.
5. Make salt brine. Dissolve salt and sugar in 1 liter of hot water.
6. Stuff the mixture of vegetables and herbs in tomatoes.
7. Put tomatoes and bay leaves in a pan.
8. Pour your salt brine into the pan.
Your stuffed tomatoes should be under the brine.
If they pop up you can put something heavy on them.
9. Keep the pan with green tomatoes at room temperature for 3-4 days.
Your fermented green tomatoes with carrot and bell pepper are ready. Keep them in your refrigerator.