Fermented grapes have original taste, which lends bright flavor to meat and fish dishes.
- 8 pounds of grapes (use semi-rape grapes)
- 1 horseradish root
- 4-6 leaves of horseradish
- 2 tbsp. salt (without iodine)
- ½ cup of sugar
- 3 tbsp. mustard
1. Wash the grapes and horseradish leaves. Cut your root of horseradish into thin strips.
2. Put some horseradish leaves on the bottom of a pan or bucket.
You can use a plastic bucket or a big plastic bowl. But an enamel pan or bucket are preferable.
3. Put one part of the grapes, mustard and horseradish root in the bucket. You should fill your bucket or pan by half.
4. Then put the second part of the grape, horseradish and mustard.
5. Put the unused leaves on the top.
6. Make salt brine. Dissolve sugar and salt in 5 liters of cold water. Pour your salt brine in the bucket. Sprinkle with a little of mustard.
7. Put a big plate on the top.
8. Cover and set in dark place. In 2 weeks flavour, fermented grapes will be ready.
Bay the way, do not pour out fermented grapes juice. It is a healthy spicy beverage.