The recipe of fermented garlic is one of the easiest recipes of fermented foods. Despite its easiness, the recipe is healthy because it does not use any vinegar. It is a traditional recipe of fermentation.
- 2.0-2.2 pounds of garlic (choose young tight heads of garlic);
- 1.5-2.0 tbsp. of salt;
- 1 hot pepper;
- 2-3 horseradish leaves;
- 8-10 allspice peas;
- 6-8 bay leaves;
- dill, currant leaves, cherry leaves and so on, to taste (not necessary).
1. Peel the garlic and put it in glass jars. Add the spices in all jars.
2. Put salt in water and bring it to a boil. Cool.
3. Pour your salt brine in the each jar. Water should cover the garlic.
4. Keep the jars at the room temperature for 3 weeks.
That is all. Fermented garlic is ready. Store it in a refrigerator.