The recipe of fermented beets is not the usual methods of cooking of beets. It is a pity because the food is healthy. Fermented beets contain a lot of probiotics and so you can use the meal for weight loss or for other health benefits.
- 2 pounds of beets
- 1 liter of water
- 1 tbsp. of salt (without iodine).
To make delicious fermented beets, you need to choose the right kind of the vegetables. So take bright quite small beets.
1. Remove the peel from the raw beets.
2. Cut the beets into small pieces and put them in a bowl.
3. Make the salt brine and pour the brine into the bowl.
4. Place a plate on the top of the beets and put something heavy on the plate.
5. Keep the bowl for 2 weeks at the room temperature. Beets take more time for fermentation than cabbage.
6. Remove scum from the beets every day.
7. In 12-14 days, your fermented beets are ready. Keep it in a fridge.