Eintopf is a traditional German dish, which is quite popular in Russia. Some people think that eintorf is a type of soup. It is not correct. Eintorf is a type of stew. The dish contains a lot of various ingredients including sauerkraut.
Ingredients for 3 liters of eintopf:
- 2-3 smoked sausages
- 2-3 sausages
- 2 liters of any kind of broth
- 7 ounces of pork
- 1 bell peppers
- 1-2 tomatoes
- 1 cup of fried sauerkraut
- 2 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp. of tomato paste
- 1-2 pickled cucumbers
- a bay leaf
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- olive oil.
1. Make fried sauerkraut. Do not add tomato paste to it.
2. Cut your sausages and potatoes into small pieces. Chop the bell pepper, cucumbers and onion.
3. Toast the chopped onion in a pan for eintopf over medium-high heat until fragrant and beginning to brown.
4. Then add the bell pepper.
5. And the sausages. Simmer over moderate heat, occasionally stirring, for 5 minutes.
6. Add your tomato paste and tomatoes. Simmer for 2 minutes.
7. Pour the broth. Bring to boil and add pork. Cook until the pork is tender.
8. Then add the potatoes, cucumbers, fried sauerkraut and bay leaf. Simmer for 15-20minutes.
9. Stir in minced garlic and set the pan aside.
Infuse eintopf for some hours and serve hot.