That is a healthy easy breakfast recipe. However, you also can use it for lunch.
- 2 eggs
- 1.5-2.0 ounces of boiled sausage
- 1 big handful of sauerkraut
- 1.5-2.0 ounces of cheese
- 1.5-2.0 ounces of tomatos
- 1.5-2.0 of bell pepper
- green onion and dill, to taste
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- butter or ghee.
1. Slice the green onion, tomatoes, bell pepper and dill.
2. Rinse sauerkraut and drain it well.
3. Cut the boiled sausage into small cubes.
4. Melt your butter (or ghee) in a non-stick skillet. Add white parts of the green onion and sauerkraut. And cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
Use fried sauerkraut if you want to have tender fermented cabbage in your scrambled eggs.
5. Add the boiled sausage and stir about 2-3 minutes.
6. Then add the sliced tomatoes and bell pepper. And cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
7. Add cheese and cover. Cook over small heat while we are whisking eggs.
8. Whisk together the eggs, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
9. Pour in the egg mixture, add the dill and green onion. Cover and cook, without stirring, over small heat for 2-3 minutes.
However, some people say that the scrambled eggs with sauerkraut are more delicious than they are warm but not hot. Moreover, some people eat the scrambled eggs cold as a healthy snack.