The highlight of this recipe is fermented cabbage. The sour taste of sauerkraut makes the usual simple pumpkin soup quite exotic. In addition, this quick and easy pumpkin soup are a healthy meal. Try the dish for autumn and winter family dinner because it is hot thick and satisfied.
- 0.5 pounds of fresh pumpkin;
- 1 onion;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- celery root, to taste;
- 1 liter of water or any kind of broth;
- ½ cup of sauerkraut (any kind, you can even use frozen sauerkraut);
- dried paprika and marjoram, to taste;
- 1 tbsp. butter;
- sour cream and capers, to taste.
1. Chop the pumpkin, onion, and celery root.
2. Put all vegetables in a saucepan. Add the butter. Pour water or broth. Bring to a boil.
3. Add the spices. Then add the sauerkraut.
4. Cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender.
5. Cool slightly and transfer to a blender. Puree the soup.
6. Return the soup to the saucepan and bring to a boil.
Serve your easy creamy pumpkin soup with sauerkraut immediately, top with sour cream and capers.