As spoken in Russia that recipe is “the mixture of French and Nizhny Novgorod”. It means the recipe contains ingredients, which can’t be together. These are tropical fruits and Russian fermented cabbage.
Nevertheless, the recipe is healthy and delicious. And so it is quite popular now.
- 1.0 pound of sauerkraut (to add to the salad more health benefits use only traditional sauerkraut);
- 1 orange;
- 1.0 ounces of walnuts;
- 1 tbsp. sugar;
- dill, parsley and black pepper, to taste;
- walnut oil (or olive oil).
1. Rinse your sauerkraut and drain it well.
2. Put the sauerkraut in a bowl. Stir in sugar. It should dissolve. Then add chopped dill and parsley.
3. Slice a little off the bottom of the orange. Cut away all of the skin without taking too much of the citrus.
4. Slide a sharp knife between the membrane and the segment. And get it out. Transfer all orange segments in one bowl and its juice to another.
5. Cut the orange segments into small pieces and add them to the sauerkraut.
6. Whisk together orange juice, walnut oil and pepper. If you do not have walnut oil you can use olive oil. However, your salad will be more delicious if you add nut oil.
7. Toss gently to coat.
8. Crush the walnuts in a food processor. And sprinkle the nuts over your salad.