Sauerkraut lends sharp flavor to this pork stew. That is a nourishing dinner for the whole family.
- 2.2 pounds of boneless pork loin;
- 2.2 pounds of sauerkraut;
- 2 big onions;
- 4-5 cloves of garlic;
- 6 pounds of sour cream;
- ½ tbsp. of paprika;
- 1 tsp. of caraway;
- 1 tsp. of marjoram;
- 2 tbsp. of sugar;
- 5 tbsp. of flour;
- salt, black pepper, fresh parsley, to taste;
- olive oil.
1. Season the boneless pork loin with salt and black pepper. Cut it into medium cubes.
2. Heat olive oil in heavy pot. Add pork cubes and sauté for 1-2 minutes per side.
3. Transfer the pork to a baking pot. And add to hot oil the chopped one onion. Cook until it is tender.
4. Then stir in the chopped garlic, paprika, and ½ part of caraway. Sauté for a minute.
5. Transfer the onion to the pork.
6. Pour 1/3 cup of sauerkraut juice in the baking pot. Cover and place in the oven and bake at 340˚F for 1 hour.
7. Pour water in a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Add the sauerkraut and cook for 25 minutes.
8. Heat again olive oil in heavy pot. Add the second chopped onion and cook until it is beginning to brown. Stir in sugar.
9. Then add the sauerkraut, caraway, ½ part of marjoram and salt. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes.
10. In a small bowl, combine flour with the sour cream. And pour the mixture over the sauerkraut. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
11. Combine the cooked pork and sauerkraut. Add salt, marjoram, parsley. Cover and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
Serve your boneless pork loin with rice, pasta or mashed potatoes.