That stuffed whole chicken recipe is not for everyday cooking. Because it takes a lot of time and efforts. But the recipe is something that is necessary for the festive table.
- 1 big chicken (5.5 pounds)
- 5-7 ounces of sauerkraut
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 apple
- a half of lemon
- seasoning for chicken, salt, black pepper, to taste
- 4 tbsp. of olive oil
1. Squeeze out the lemon juice. Stir in spices for chicken. Season the chicken of the lemon juice with spices. Set it aside for 1 hour.
2. Make stuffing now. Chop the potatoes, onion, garlic and apple. Mix with sauerkraut. If you think your sauerkraut is too sour, rinse it. Stir in salt and black pepper.
3. Stuff your chicken with prepared stuffing. Pour olive oil in a baking dish and put the chicken on it.
4. Close chicken openings with skewers and string.
5. Bake your chicken whole 2 hours (320-330°F), basting every 20 minutes with pan juices.
Serve baked stuffing chicken immediately with dill and hot peppers.