You can make Asian meat dumplings without sauerkraut. But they will be juicier if you use fermented cabbage.
- 6 pounds of yeast dough
- 0 pound of fatty minced meat (pork+beef)
- 5 ounces of sauerkraut
- 1 onion
- black pepper and salt, to taste.
1. You need to have yeast dough for the recipe. You can buy it or make yourself.
2. Сhop the onion in a food processor and stir it in minced meat.
3. Divide your dough into some equal pieces and roll them out until 0.04-0.06 inches thick. Then cut out 2.6-4.0 inches circles.
4. Top every dough round with one tbsp. of meat filling. The put sauerkraut on the filling.
5. Bring the edges of dough rounds together to make a dumpling.
6. Transfer the dumplings on a steamer and cook for 40 minutes.
Serve your Asian dumplings with meat and sauerkraut immediately. To be delicious, they should be hot.